RENTAL RETURN DUE DATE IS AS FOLLOWS:
SUMMER 2019 MUST BE RETURNED BY AUGUST 17, 2019
FALL 2019 MUST BE RETURNED BY DECEMBER 16, 2019
You have entered into a rental agreement with our bookstore to loan you one copy of a selected title. Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbooks rentals are not to be reproduced. The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester. Per terms of this agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- Student is renting and is in receipt of the rental book(s) shown on the attached receipt. Student has paid the non-refundable rental fee and understands that the attached return policy of the Book Store will also apply to rental items. Student acknowledges that the book(s), whether new or used, is/are in a good and sellable condition.
- Student will return the book(s) to the Book Store no later than the rental return due date. Any other return will be rejected.
- Student will return the book(s) in a good and sellable condition as determined by the Book Store. All CDs and other component parts included with this book(s) must be present and in a good and sellable condition as determined by the store upon return. Limited highlighting is allowed; no handwriting is allowed.
- Student is responsible for the risk of loss from any cause including: theft, lost item(s), or return in non-sellable condition such as damage caused by liquids (water, rain, snow, coffee, juice, etc.), fire (scorched), chemical spills, stains, tooth marks (rodents, pets, etc.), missing component parts, and broken spine damage or loose covers.
- If Student is late or if Student fails to return the book(s), Student will pay the Book Store the non-return replacement cost (80% of the sale price of a new book) and any applicable sales taxes at any time after the rental return due date. Student authorizes the Book Store to withdraw or charge the same debit or credit card account that was used as the deposit account to make this payment. Student will not exceed the limit or cancel said credit or debit card until all rented book(s) or materials are either returned to the Book Store or the fees indicated above are paid in full.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This Agreement is for the benefit of and may be enforced directly by either party. This Agreement may not be altered, modified or amended except in writing and properly executed by the parties. This Agreement represents the whole and entire Agreement between the parties.
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefits of the parties and the successors, assigns, heirs and legal representatives of the respective parties.
- Any notice to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the above mentioned addresses.